My Pages

17 October 2011

What is it for me!

What makes a good photograph?

A good costly camera? an efficient high-range lense? Lights? Perspective? Timing?
Most would agree on almost all of them :)
Anyways who decides on what is a good photograph, as we say there is no Good or Bad in art. Its all what the viewer individually like and get expressed. It's all individual perception.

All these time I have been holding my camera and clicking all those few good shots and 100 bad shots, what I have self-learned and practice now is the power to Observe.

Wikipedia describes it as 'Observation is either an activity of a living being, such as a human, consisting of receiving knowledge of the outside world through the senses, or the recording of data using scientific instruments. The term may also refer to any data collected during this activity. An observation can also be the way you look at things or when you look at something.'


And what I mean outta it, is the observance of the subject matter around you or in front of your which you feel like making it a part of you by taking a photograph. I believe observing the subject be it working man, running train, flying bird, static mountain or simply an empty bottle; it is important you observe its movement, colors, the behavior, the feel of it, the air, the anticipation and then move on thinking if it's calling you to click it. :) This along with other technicalities will help gain control over you and your camera handling.

Even studying all those butterflies and birds interest me as well as weaving my own story with people :)

It doesn't necessarily have to be an extraordinary movement or thing. Simple thoughtful things too turn out to be equally appealing. This way you wont click a thing because it merely looks good or that you have a digital camera at hand. :) Be aware of what you see yourself and what you wanna show. !



P.S : I'm no expert, I'm still learning :)  

1 comment:

  1. Very well written bud , we all take a step further somewhere or the other in our life , and i'm pretty sure that time is coming for u too :) ..
    bas don't loose patience :)

    ReplyDelete